Unfortunately for most people it stops there. As your Chiropractor in Alpharetta we notice that most are dedicated for a few weeks maybe even a few months, but once they aren’t seeing change, they give up and throw those goals away.
Not because they didn’t try, but because they weren’t setting the right goals. Most people go in looking at the big picture or the end goal, without planning for the small steps that it’s going to take to get there. Now I’m not saying that having a big picture is wrong, but without mentally preparing for what it’s going to take to get there, is where most people fail. In today’s society we are built to want everything yesterday. So when our goals don’t go as planned or we don’t achieve them in the time frame that we want, we give up.
Like the saying goes failing to prepare, is preparing to fail. So here I am going to give you some helpful tricks to make sure you set the correct goals, and how to stick with it and achieve them.
- Write them down- Write down anything that comes to mind, and in no particular order. It can be a place you want to visit, a routine you want to start, a new career, ANYTHING!
- Prioritize what matters most to you- Choose what you want to accomplish the most and what your reasoning behind it is. Then gradually go down the line, and set them in order.
- Branch Out- Take each of your goals and break them down even farther, in terms of what steps it’s going to take to get them accomplished. For example if you want to lose 20 lbs. Write down: How many days a week are you going to work out, the foods you need to pick up at the grocery store, gym membership, or at home work out program.
- Accomplish one at a time! - Don't drag yourself down with negative thoughts about not finishing a task. We fail because we give up too soon.
- Enjoy that task at hand- Going after something should be hard work, but enjoyable! Make your goals become accomplishments, not a punishment.
So now that you have a base to use, on how to set up goals. What are they? Here at Thrive Health Systems we would love to hear about yours, or help you on creating them! We aren’t your average Chiropractor in Alpharetta. We are here to help you achieve a better quality of life as a whole. Need help with weight loss? We can help! Feeling Fatigued all the time? We can help! Chronic Pain? We can help! Reach out to our Chiropractor in Alpharetta for any of your needs, our staff would love to help!